Wednesday, May 1, 2024

We've Moved

 We were set apart on Tuesday evening and went right to work serving. I sat at the recommend desk mostly, kept my eye on the children in the non-patron waiting room, did one veil in English, and studied the Thai language cards.

This morning, Dennis and I moved into our apartment. We unpacked every bit we had packed from home, including a box of Press and Seal, a Costco bag of chocolate chips, and my "Mother's Favorite Kitchen Tool", which is actually a paint scraper I can't live without. Three essentials in life. The apartment is very spacious. I feel so blessed to be here and take it as one more sign that Heavenly Father loves me.

















Tuk-tuk leaving Tesco, groceries loaded, we sitting in the back seat.
As soon as we unpacked, we headed out to Tesco to buy groceries. It is only one short stop on the MRT (subway). We bought way too much, but that's what you do when you set up house. Then we went to find a Taxi to take us and our load home. We found a  tuk-tuk driver and loaded all our goods on his vehicle. What took us 5 minutes on the subway, took 15 minutes on the tuk-tuk.

Our welcome to our housing.
I was sure he was taking us for a "ride," that he would stop at a gift shop and he'd get a commission on whatever we bought, (that's happened to us before) or that we were being kidnapped and he and his gang would take all our groceries and housegoods and desert us miles from the temple. (Which has never happened to us.) 


We went up and down and all around the city. But what a relief to finally see familiar surroundings, and especially calming when he turned into the temple driveway. Whew! Why he took the long way home, I don't know!


The Russians came again to the temple today, so did the Indian group, a Myanmar group, and members from Malaysia. I was able to do initiatories in English, which felt good--like coming home again. I was orientated in clothing rental and baptismal clothing issue. 

Thai is coming easier to read and learn. I figure if I keep at it, I'll be able to read and speak by the time we return home to Arizona. Ha, ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thailand, Viet Nam, Laos, Cambodia, Myanmar, Singapore, and India--An International Temple

  We are an "International Temple" as temple President Khanakham has stated many times. We serve Thailand, Viet Nam, Laos, Cambodi...