Saturday, November 2, 2013

Feet Eating Fish

Tiny garra rufa at work

Okay, Elder Sowards talked me into this. We had foot pedicures by these tiny fish called garra rufa. They eat the dead skin off feet. I am very ticklish, and let me tell you, it took a good minute to be able to tolerate these little guys' nibbling!

And then I couldn't watch them at work. It was too freaky thinking about those tiny toothless mouths chomping on my calluses. But I lasted the full twenty minutes. I think Elder Sowards did as well as he did because I was so squimish. Someone had to be strong.

Here we are enjoying a foot spa of fishies.
My feet are much smoother after the 20 minute sitting. In the states (if you can find a spa that offers fish pedicures) you will pay $35. We paid $3.

Such extravagance is not the usual routine for missionaries' sore, tired feet, but the elders from Lopuri told us about this treatment and how much they enjoyed it on one of their p-days, so today we were passing the spa in Ayutthaya and decided to give it a try.

Squimish or not, I'd do it again.

PS we gave the spa owner a pass-along card,
so it wasn't all play.

No comments:

Post a Comment